Monday, July 05, 2010

Long time...

Okay, so it seems my 30-day worship journey didn't work, partly due to how pressurised a levels have been this year and also due to my lack of discipline. I'm not very good at routine at the moment, well in general I suppose, but especially now! So I'll try that again in the summer break.

I'm on the verge of a very busy few weeks, which I'm incredibly excited about! Next week I embark on a once in a life time experience as I travel to Sweden for the World Youth Conference with The Salvation Army which is a 5 day event with young people (18-25) from all over the world meeting together to listen to leaders from all over talk about Holiness and inspire us to go back to our divisions to work with the youth and take back what we've learnt. I like to think of it as a movement within the Salvation Army as it has the potential to be a pivotal point in the Army's history which is exciting!

I then have JS Camp at which I'm on staff again, so a fun-filled, eye-opening week is on the cards there too!

And of course Break-a-way! The highlight of my year, every single year! Our Youth camp, summer school if you like. Something which I'm counting down the days to! (34days!)

So, I thought I'd let you know what's coming up and what's going to be happening. Whilst away in Sweden I shall be keeping a diary of which I will post up on here when I get back and I shall post when I can (or remember!) before/after camps!

Just a little thought for you out there though...

I told someone from my church that when my parents move on again, I'm staying put and they were pleased with that. My church has become home where everyone is family and I'm pleased to say that my family is growing with more and more finding Christ and attending our church. I'm also at the minute really enjoying a song called 'Home' from a Broadway musical that was re-recorded by the Cast of Glee (Kristen Chenoweth) and the first line is...
"When I think of home, I think of a place with its love overflowing..."

Is your church home? Is love pouring out of its pores?

My church is home, and what makes it home is the love within it, from the people there towards each other, and from our mighty God.

I thank the Lord for His works within our Church and I pray that if there are any places out there that don't connect with the lyrics above, that they soon will and that they'll allow God's guidance into making their church home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

travel info.
http://travelsmilefun.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Moncler Nantes Hooded Down Coat have earned popularity among today’s leading fashion brands since it has the most stylish design

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to more travel, thanks

Cheap Greece holidays
Cape Town Holiday Packages
Egypt Holiday Packages
Cheap Kerala holidays
Singapore Holiday Packages
Las Vegas Holiday Packages

Australian Diamonds Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I call my church home now to. Loved your post. God Bless

Anonymous said...

-shirts etc. by this label Franklin Marshall are thought to be very comfortable. Abercrombie Fitch clothing is deemed as a performer in their clothing line. the north face outlet The clothes and accessories from Abercrombie Fitch clothing focus urbanity and lifestyleMoncler Jackets couture.