Sunday, May 21, 2006

Holy Spirit - the confusing bit....

well i'll tell you the rather obvious bit about the Holy Spirit, it's very confusing. i really don't understand it but i suppose one day i will, a little bit. those who do understand i'm welcoming any "teaching" on it.

All, i know is that the Holy Spirit is everywhere in everyone. Kevin (our golden ager leader!) (that's just one golden ager! i wonder who the other one is.............Lynsey! :P) pointed out that the Lord POURS out his Holy Spirit on his people and its always there. it never leaves you.

The Holy Spirit does many things to many different people. In the Bible the Holy Spirit lead Gideon (Judges 6:14-16, 34), it gave Isaiah the gift of prophesy (Isaiah 61:1-3), and also gave Samson great strength.

the Holy Spirit also came in new and different ways.

anyways, next time dudes.....going to go home for some lurrrrrvly lunch...hehe!

freddie-cafone
xxx

p.s when i said i need help with the Holy Spirit, i mean it, most of the above was just rephrasing our golden agers!! :P

4 comments:

Callummck said...

The holy spirit is God's presence on earth, simply put.

j - lou said...

yeah pretty much sums it up really, can't say I really understand either, I mean when u pray who do u pray to? I tend to pray to the father, but what about Jesus? And its the holy spirit praying in us? hmmmm...hurts my brain this trinity stuff!

Will said...

Think of the trinity as aquafresh toothpaste - 3 different colours, all with different jobs but part of the same thing.

Also just to make things more confusing (perhaps) - the Holy Spirit is a He not an It - He's a person.

When you figure it all out you can explain it to me :)

B said...

thinking of the Holy Spirt like H2O is a good one too.

H2O can be ice, water or steam.

And I've learnt that it's not something I have to understand, more like accept. My human brain will probably never understand it, but if the Bible says it's true, then it's true and I accept that.

:)